April 14, 2010

Phoebe Washer

Today marks two years since one of my biggest artistic inspirations passed away, Phoebe Washer. I grew up around Phoebe in Petaluma, and spent some more time around her in high school when I was dating one of her best friends. I was always drawing as a child and at one point told my Mom “I am going to be an artist when I grow up”, but that motivation curved over the years. It wasn’t until high school when I was inspired by Phoebe’s unbelievably amazing artwork that I was driven to pursue art again. Her talent amazed everyone around her, whether they knew her or not, and my admiration for her is very evident in my work. Please check out her website and see all that is Phoebe, she was a true innovator with a style all her own. She still lives on for me through how much her art inspires me, to this day more than any other artist, and I will forever pay homage to her for that. I hope someday I can be half the artist she was.

PHOEBEWASHER.COM

Below, some of my favorite Phoebe art:















No comments:

Post a Comment